Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Column

Ok so Ty and I went and saw the movie " Marley and me" and LOVED it! Probably because we can relate since we got a puppy before having kids and she is the main subject of talk around here. It reminds me of the columns he rights in the paper with Marley as one of the main topics of each. So I've decided to try my own :) Here it goes...

Met a guy. Went on a date. Married the guy. Started school. Made some friends. Missed my exit. Got a job. Shot my first antelope! Ty gave me a dog. Surprised family with our dog. Family loved dog (except when it peed on brother-in-law). Dog peed on bed. Ran out of gas. Took a test. Passed my test. Locked self out of our apartment. Had first snow day! Got stuck in the snow. Went to a haunted forest. Got scared because weird things happen at our apartment. Gets mad when Ty doesn't believe our apartment is haunted. Took care of sick husband. Lost our dog. Found our dog. Got blogging lessons from Chelsea. Cut 15 inches off my hair! Got in my first real fight with Ty :( Made up. Got a calling in church. Spoke in church. Dog peed on my pillow. Laid on my pillow before realizing there was pee on my pillow. Spanked the dog. Dropped radiology book in puddle of rain. Beat all my in-laws at Mario Kart...except nephew Braxton. Learned how to place sealants on teeth. Went to Wyoming. Went ice fishing. Bummed that I didn't catch any fish the second day. Bought some jeans. Lost our dog. Sent out a search and rescue team with 400 "missing" flyers. Found dog. Missed 13 points in clinic. Asked our landlords to let me back in my locked apartment...again. Lost our dog. Dog peed on the bed. Dog peed in the bathroom. Dog pooped in the kitchen (all within one morning). Wondered to self how such a little dog and urinate so much...Clogged our disposal. Ty played his guitar and sang to me while doing homework. Alarm didn't go off. Went to Petco to buy dog food. Got a free bag of dog food. Almost got in a wreck. Got in trouble with Ty for clogging our disposal...again. Was told I had to take the pipes off and unclog it myself :( Made dinner that Ty LOVED. Was happy with self for it! Gave me confidence to cook, but burned dinner next day...actually burned alot of food since being married. Wonder to self where my cooking skills have gone? Dog pooped in Ty's side of the closet. Dog pooped in Ty's side of the closet...again. Chuckled to self that it's his side and not mine. Studied my brains out! Arrived late to brother-in-law's wedding. Was embarrassed when walked in late and noticed everyone was waiting for us to arrive. Laughed to self. Dog peed on bed...yet again. Went to the movie "Marley and me". Became inspired to write a column. Told everyone at school about writing columns. Anxious to see if they like it...

5 comments:

Hone Family said...

Love your column... I saw the show and cried my eyes out too. I think its like you said if you have a dog, it makes you think of your relationship with them. We got our dogs right after we got married before we had kids too. NOw they are almost 8 and it scares me I hate to think of the day!!

Doyle, Chelsea, Little Miss & Baby on the Way said...

LOOOOOOVED IT! hahaha good one lana. and u have become quite the blogger ;)

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Thanks! I learned from the best! It's only because I got blogging lessons! You know blog retarded I was...But now I love it :)

Karli Barney said...

Lana I loved this! How cute... I was going to try it but just couldn't think of much! ha but how fun I loved reading yours!

Riley and Brittney said...

I loved your column. I saw that movie, and I bawled my eyes out too. And, I did end up finding some pink shoes. But if I didn't, I'm pretty sure that your shoes wouldn't have fit me (I wear a size 10 ha ha)But thanks for offering.