Thursday, February 5, 2009

Patience...I mean Patients

Well, we've made it through a stressful week!


This was my first week cleaning actual patients' mouths instead of just our classmates'. My first patient was Ty! He was very good and only had 2 cavities! So he promised he is going to be better at flossing :) (I guess we'll see what "better" means to him).
My second patient cancelled on my leaving me a little over 30 minutes to find a replacement. So I got assigned a guy who works in making movies and video games. So that was pretty neat and he was a very good patient! After that I worked on my landlord's kids. Let's just say they're very energetic and loquacious! It was a rough day, but with the help of my group, I made it through clinic. And a special thanks to Afton!! I've learned a lot from just three days of seeing real patients. And lots more lessons to come. I'll keep ya updated.


As you all know, the superbowl was this past weekend. I don't know if you know or not, but the superbowl is a HOLIDAY at the Mason residence. We celebrate with crab and prime rib and lots of snacks and goodies! Oh and watching the game too. But I will admit I am more concerned about the food. This picture is us Celebrating!



This is the happy family!


We went to the Jazz Game for one of Tyson's best friends Birthday! Tyler turned 23 on January 30th and we celebrated by going to the Jazz game with a bunch of friends.

Yup, these were our seats. We all had bloody noses as we looked through our binos to get a clear view of what was going on.


Me and Ty after the game.


This is the group we went to the game with.
Josh and Sunny, Tyler and Brandi, Ty and me, Vanessa and Colter
We also met up with Riley and JaKelle after the game for cake and games! The next day we hung out at the mall and got free dinner at Olive Garden becuase his friends are all going out sellin in the summer. During our hour wait, they played a trivia and I won a free appetizer for being the first to show a picture of my pet! She's the screen saver on my phone :)

This is our little dishwasher. She gets up there and starts licking away at our dishes.
(no we haven't lost her lately, yes she still pees everywhere--she just peed on the carpet!)

5 comments:

Hone Family said...

Looks like you are staying busy. You blog background is cute. Yea Barry said he felt bad ditching you guys for the Superbowl LOL! Looks like you had a good time anyway!

AB said...

haha I love the title of this post. Patience is right! I am glad I could help out and now I totally get what you mean about those kids

Heaton Family said...

That was so much fun! We need to get everyone together more often..Josh really wants to go to Boston this summer. We wish you guys could come out to! But it sounds like your really busy! We better plan somethin before the summer.

P.S. I love you little dog, so cute!

Beagleys said...

Oh your puppy is so darn cute! I seriously have been wanting a cute little puppy!! Looks like you guys are having fun! We need to get together and catch up!

Melissa said...

Hey, it's Melissa.
Here's my blog! I miss Daisy!