Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 In Review

January
We actually didn't even know each other in January. He was going to school in St. George at Dixie and working Wells Fargo as a Teller. He got offered a job in Ephraim at Jorgensen's Chevrolet as the Finance Manager and moved up the end of January.
I was going to Snow College finishing up generals to graduate with an Associates of Science and also working on my prerequisites for Dental Hygiene School. I was the General Education Senator and had no clue I was about to meet the man of my dreams!!

February
We met in February! He got my number from a friend and texted me on February 17th (his birthday) asking me on a date. We officially met that next Wednesday at a Western Swing dance. We love country dancing!!

March
In March Tyson took me to a Jazz Game! We also went to Wyoming to visit his sister Heidi and her family. We were already talking about getting married at this point :)

April
In April Tyson proposed to me!! Ring shopping was really fun but HE picked out my ring. I told him I wanted a 3-stone princess cut and he picked out this! Then he had his cousin Brady Hansen set up our engagement. He took the ring and some flowers to "The Chef's Table" restaurant. I had no idea anything was happening that night. We went to Provo to sell some tires and then he asked if I wanted to go to dinner after. He said he had heard of this nice place and so we went there and the waiter brought out my ring in a soup bowl with a lid on it. He placed it in front of me then took off the lid and then Ty go down on a knee and proposed!! It was so cute!! Ty is amazing!

May
I graduated from Snow College with my AS on May 3rd. I moved home to work for Gurney Trucking and to plan our wedding and Ty stayed in Ephraim to work...coming home pretty much every night to spend with me of course :)
June
In June we had our engagement pictures taken by Ty's cousin Shannon Hepworth and Jaylee Rapleye. They did a really good job! They also took my bridals and our Temple and Reception pictures.



July
We went to Lake Powell in July with Ty's sister and her family. July was a really busy month planning a wedding, honeymoon, and finding a place to live so I could go to school in Orem and he could continue to work in Ephraim.


August
Ty and I were married on the famous 08-08-08! That way he shouldn't ever forget it. We were lucky to have a double wedding with my sister JaRelle and her fiance Dave Bailey! So that was definitely the best day of my life! We went to Cancun on our honeymoon and came back to live in Santaquin.
We went to Cancun on our Honeymoon!


September
In September we were still adjusting to the married life and school and work. I started working at the Buckle in the Provo Town mall in September too.



October
October was a very busy month. We went home about every weekend for the hunts (my dad's elk, and my deer, antelope, and pheasant hunts) and to spend time with our families. I also cut 15 inches off my hair and donated it to Locks of Love! Ty gave me my early Christmas present the end of October--Daisy Duke! She's our cute little Pomeranian and we love her! She's so full of energy and keeps our apartment live!!

I shot my first antelope this year!

November
We both got callings in our ward, I got called to the Nursery and Ty got called as Ward Missionary which includes teaching the Gospel Principles class too. We also got called to speak in Sacrament Meeting. We spent Thanksgiving with both families! And Ty's sister Marlee had her baby! Little Deigen Jay Hansen born on November 3rd!

December
The first of December was spent studying for my finals and then the other half we went home to be with our families! It was very relaxing and we don't think our break was long enough. We spent Christmas with both families and had a good time for our first Holidays together.

We went ice fishing with my family. It was Ty's first time ice fishin!

Well, that was it! Now we're on to 2009! The 2nd annual Hansen Review will come one year from now!

2 comments:

Doyle, Chelsea, Little Miss & Baby on the Way said...

thanks for letting me copy you! this was a good idea and I loved reading yours. And thanks for bringing daisy over last night! it was fun. oh and of course, HAPPY 5 MONTHS!

Austin, Annie & Camden said...

hey just so you know aus and i's fav pic is the one with the snorkel gear on!! miss you two!!!