Sunday, February 26, 2012

Home made bread...yumm!

Since I met my husband he has begged me to make home made bread and, thanks to my cousin Lacy, I've finally found a good recipe! I had to laugh while I was making it though because my Kitchenaid must no be big enough for this recipe. After overworking my Kitchenaid and getting dough up above the mixer, it started making weird sounds and smoking...so I finished kneading by hand.

Hot and steamy
Delicious healthy home made bread!
Next time I better half the batch...haha
Thanks Lacy!

Whole Wheat Bread
mix in bowl and set aside:
2 T yeast
1/2 cup hot water
1 T sugar

In mixer combine:
5 cups hot water
7 cups whole wheat flour

Add:
2 T salt
2/3 cup oil
2/3 cup honey
2 T vital what gluten
2 T dough enhancer

Add one more cup of flour and yeast mixture.

Gradually add 3-5 more cups of flour until dough starts coming off the sides of the bowl. You don't want it too dry but not too wet either.

Knead for 10 minutes. (After it's a good consistency I change to my dough hook and just let it knead in mixer).

Separate and shape into 4 loaves.

Put in well-oiled bread pans.

Let rise 1 hr or about doubled in size.

Bake at 350 for 28 minutes.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Can you email me the recipe on FB or something. I have been looking for a good bread recipe everywhere. I'll be sure to half it too. Hopefully your Kitchen Aid is okay.

Adam and Dev said...

I second that comment above—please share the recipe :)

Sean, Collette, and Ryler said...

Im also gonna bother you for the recipe I want to make a good loaf of homemade bread and yours looks really good! Good job!!! :)

Sean, Collette, and Ryler said...

Oh yeah and my email address is collettemantell@hotmail.com if you are emailing it and you might just want to post it on your blog because I have a feeling a lot more people are going to want the recipe! ha ha it looks that good!

Wes and Lindsey Cardall said...

I don't have a KitchenAid so you are probably going to have to make this for me :) Can't wait! It looks delicious!