I want to hurry and jot down my thoughts of my first day of work while it's fresh on my mind (even tho there's other things I need to catch up on). Today was my first day working at Christensen Family Dental Care. I had a hard time getting myself out of bed cuz I couldn't wake up, then I got a big blob of foundation in my hair right before having to leave-which made me even more late trying to get it out of the TOP of my bangs-which then made me not get breakfast (and baby does not like that). So I was a little stressed out about that and about the new scrubs I bought for my first day of work. I spent hours hemming them and then the day before I couldn't find them...and no one knew where they were of course. So I had to wear my dumb teal school scrubs :( But oh well, I got a compliment on how my eyes matched them perfectly :) so that made it a little better.
.
They told me I would have an hour for each patient but they actually scheduled me 80 minutes for each just in case since it was my first day. And I was thinking, "Oh that's plenty of time, I won't need all that." But after my first patient I looked up and I used MORE than that! I was 5 minutes behind then 10 then 15...oops!
.
I got to see all sorts of patients! It was the best first day to give me the experience I needed and help me see how they do things around there. I saw someone my age first that I kind of knew. Then I saw an adolescent with braces, a little 5 year old, and a perio patient! Can it get any better?! AND I heard my perio patient tell the front desk I did a good job and he liked me before he left!!! That made my day!
.
So if you look beyond squirting the dentist/owner in the face with my ultrasonic, taking an x-ray backwards (taking a picture of the sensor instead of tooth), grabbing the x-ray machine by the tube disconnecting it from the machine dropping an enclosed lead disk on the ground...RIGHT in front of the detinst, and forgetting to put lead aprons on all my patients during x-rays...I think I did pretty well :) Can't wait for tomorrow!
5 comments:
Congrats!! Sounds awesome!
Love it!! Sooooo exciting! I think it sounds like a pretty good first day :)
Hey I still have those royal blue scrub bottoms if you want them.. They are super cute!
That's so exciting!!! Good Job Lana!!!
This made me laugh! Good Job Lana!!! I can't believe you only have an hour to see patients, although I guess that's normal, its just crazy since right now we have 3 hrs. Sounds like fun!!!
Oh my word! You make me so nervous for my first day!
Post a Comment