Friday, May 21, 2010

DANG Craving!

Craving. Craving. Craving. What is it? Tortilla soup? But I don't have all the ingredients and don't wanna go to the store. Ok ok Tortilla soup it is. Go to store. Buy ingrediends. Make soup. I should throw cans away in outside garbage since we're showing our house and don't want it to stink...after I eat. Yumm! Craving satisfied. Go to bachelorette party. Come home and get ready for bed alone. Lock all doors. Shut all windows. Double check them all. Get in bed...alone. Frown since Ty is gone to golf tournament in St. George. Zzzzzz. 3:00 am: have to pee. No go back to bed. 5:00 am: REALLY have to pee. Ok ok. Get up and pee. Go back to bed. Close eyes. Creek! What was that?! Get up and lock bedroom door. Quick prayer. Lay there wide eyed...Crack! Ahh! What was that?! It's ok, it's nothing, go back to bed. CREAK! CRACK! SLAM! AHHH!!! THAT WAS NOT NOTHING!!! Should I call Ty? No it's only 5:00 am! Grab gun. BUH-BAM! AHH!! LOAD GUN! One bullet or two? That's it, I'm calling Ty. Wake Ty up at 5:30 am. Tears flying off my face. Daisy at edge of bed listening to noise. Bed shaking like earthquake from my body. "Be brave, you probably just left the window open." I didn't! CREEEK! AAHHH! What do I do?! Call Ty again. Talk to him for half hour. ALMOST call cops. Or neighbors to see if they'd come get me so I can sleep on their couch...no it's 5:30 am. Hear a few more creeks and booms. Lay awake til 7:00. Alarm goes off at 7:50. Ugh, one more hour. Get up. Grab rifle. Walk around house. Open closets, shower curtains, cupboards. Go downstairs. Cans on ground. Dang it, Ty was right, window was open...WAIT! No it's not! What's this next to the doggie door? Fur? From what? A racoon or cat...which one? Examine counter and cans. Cat hair and lick marks on cans. Roll eyes. All that for a dang CAT!....And all I can say is DANG Craving!!

10 comments:

The Henrie Family said...

That is hilarious!!! I had a doggy door in my last house and we had a cat that would visit us in the night. I know the feeling! Scares the HELL out of you :)

The Nelsons said...

What a bummer! All that lost sleep over something silly. :)

Corbin and Katie said...

BAHAHAHa Oh my gosh I laughed so hard! I knew I hated cats for a good reason. I am totally the same way! The difference I usually do end up calling the cops. Just make sure its not your hubby next time. Be careful with that GUN. GOOD LUCK TYSON!!!

Nancy said...

Hahahahah!!!!!! I just imagined your cute little pregnant self walking all around with your big rifle hiding behind walls and ducking.

I'm glad it was just a cat!! I would have freaked out. Ah- so that is what i have to look forward to in the future when I'm pregnant and get cravings?! Oh boy.

Hope Ty comes home soon!!

JaRelle Bailey said...

ha ha Ha Ha HA HA!!!! That is hilarious! I'll know to never break into YOUR house! You'll shoot me! Funny thing though. The other day I was having one of those dreams where you are paralyzed and half awake. I could have sworn someone was trying to get into our house and I kept thinking. "Hide Peyton. They pistol is in the closet. Get up... get up... GET UP!" I couldn't though. I was like paralyzed and couldn't move! I swore it was real, but luckily it wasn't. But where/when were we trained to get guns the second we hear a noise?! Funny that we both thought the same thing!

Camille said...

Oh Lana-Belle!!! Thats SO funny! I've had the same thing happen that JaRelle experienced! I SWORE a man came into my bedroom and walked up to my side of the bed, but I was paralyzed too! IT SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!!!!! Ok, I need to invest in a gun! :)

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Ah-Ha! I'm NOT the only one that has those paralyzed dreams! I've had like 2 in the past week! I think it's when you WANT to wake up but can't. Ty thinks I'm weird cuz I always tell him about them and he's never had them...They aren't always bad dreams tho, just that I need to wake up and get out of bed but then Im back in my bed again...like 5 times. Those are pretty funny cuz you can see everything around you cuz your eyes are open, but you just can't move!! Weird!

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

That was a funny story! I am sad you are going to be moving but I know it is what you are supposed to do. I
miss you and hope you are feeling good.

Steph

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

That's the funniest post I've ever read.