Saturday, May 8, 2010

What a week!

This has been one of the best weeks of my life!! I took my resume into a couple offices in Richfield and Mt. Pleasant and I had my first interview with Drs. Ted and Micheal Christensen in Richfield at Christensen Family Dental Care and I feel like it went really well! We talked about everything under the sun (work-related of course). And I feel I did well and 2 days later Dr. Micheal Christensen called and offered me the job!!! So I am now going to be a hygienist in Richfield! And I can't wait to start! I just have to wait for my license and hoping to get it by the end of next week or the week after.

Getting pregnant has really strengthened my testimony. I was almost thinking I would never find a job being pregnant. But we had faith in the Lord and realized that He knows what's best. So we put our faith in the Lord and accepted this as a blessing. Soon enough a job opening appeared in Richfield and as I said above I got it! I was nervous to tell them I was pregnant but felt it was the right thing to do and his response was, "well that's great! It doesn't matter one bit that you're expecting." I wanted to cry I was so happy! This was amazing because the only reason we would want to move down to Richfield at this time in my career is to be close to family raising our kids. And now we can get lots of help and be close to both families.

We've also had a problem with insurance, mine went insolvent when I was a month pregnant so we were scrambling to get it. We've been thru a roller-coaster with it but it looks like it mght work out! We're not worried tho because we know the Lord with take care of it.

So I've got a good job lined up and even a babysitter already, thanks to my good friend Karli! But what about our house?! It's up for sale now and I am hopefully starting work in a few weeks! How could anyone EVER sale a house in a few weeks?! It's ok tho, because the Lord wants me to work down in Richfield so he will provide a way for us to sale our house. We're still deciding if living in Richfield or Ephraim would be better since Ty has a job and wants to go to school, but doesn't want to sale cars for the rest of his life...

On a more happy note, we had our first dr appointment with Dr. Steven Berry in Orem. He was great! We LOVED him! We didn't think we had insurance at the time so he saved us $2000 by not doing some of the tests he said weren't absolutely necessary. He knew the answers to all our questions and was funny too! He told me to eat eat eat! And told Ty, "Ok dad, mission: feed wife." It was funny. He didn't charge us for our ultrasound and showed us our baby's wiggly arms and legs! It was amazing!!
This is NOT my baby, just a picture from google that looked most like what we saw on our ultrasound.
.
We also went to the Jazz vs Lakers game Saturday night with our friends Emily and Adam (I didn't have my camera so no pics). It was fun to hang out with them and to go to such an intense game...even tho I'm still mad they lost-by ONE POINT!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lana! Congrats on the new job!!!! I bet it is such a relief to have found one so quickly! Especially with the lil one on the way! And, I love reading your posts about the baby! It is so fun that we are so close in dates and are going through a lot of the same things! Hope your feeling ok! Love ya

Jonno said...

Hey we were at the game too! Drove me crazy! Oh well.

I'm so excited for baby LaTy. Or Tyna? So happy everything is going so good for you guys!! :)

Love, Nauncy

Chandler*Ashley*Breagan said...

EXCITING! Congratulations on the new job!! It's amazing how things just work out, isn't it! :)