Sunday, June 28, 2009

Private?

I've had a lot of people tell me lately that I should put our blog on private. You can just google one or both of our names (not even last name) and it will come right to our blog. It will show where we live and everything about us. So I just wanted to get a little input on what everyone thinks of it. There are definitely some pros and cons. It's hard for friends and family to find us if it's private, but too esay for strangers and the whole world to know everything about us if it's not...so let me know what everyone thinks! Thanks!

10 comments:

Chris and Kaylee said...

Hey. I am not suggesting any direction, but you can put a block on your blog that does not allow google to pull it up. It is in the "setting" and then in the "basic" tab. Just an idea.

brandon and jakell said...

If you go private be sure to add us please!

jakellcth@msn.com

You can always make a second blog that they can leave comments on and ask you to invite them, or leave your e-mail address so they can find and contact you that way. For example you can see what we did to see what I mean. www.brandonandjakell.blogspot.com

Take care!

The Jolley Family said...

Hi Lana! I just ran across your blog. It looks like things are going well for you. Our blog is private, but if you'd like an invite, let me know.
britney_jolley23@hotmail.com

Chandler*Ashley*Breagan said...

I haven't put my blog on private just because you can get on the internet and find anything about anyone, regardless of if they have a blog or not. You can even find where they live and who their neighbors are! It's crazy! But yeah, my opinion on it is, if they REALLY wanted to find me, they don't need my blog to do it. They can just look me up in the phone book! :)

Chandler*Ashley*Breagan said...

P.S. I agree with Kaylee about the setting thing. It really does work.

Unknown said...

I get creeped out about that too which is why mine is now private. I figure if people know me I'll tell them I have a blog and then send an invite....if you do go private I'd like an invite. melissa.rae.hunter@live.com

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Well I clicked "no" on the "allow search engines to find my blog" but I tried it and I could still pull it up in google, is it something else?? I don't really wanna go private but I don't want it to come up so easily...

Anonymous said...

Add us please!
aleshajenson@hotmail.com

J♥M said...

You could make it private, but easy for others to contact you by leaving your email address on your profile and by making your profile available. That way you have "some" control of who reads your blog. Just another idea.

Carly said...

I feel the same way you do, but morgan insists that we go private so I'm changing ours really soon. if you decide to go private add us. barn.carly@hotmail.com