Friday, November 2, 2012

2 weeks already?!

I can't believe our little girl is already 2 weeks old!  She is so fun and we have loved having her a part of our family!  I've heard people say they feel more like a real family once they have 2 kids and I agree with that now. To be honest (and I feel really bad about this) I was a little worried about having two kids and not having a favorite or loving them both the same.  But nothing has changed at all with Jaxton, he's still my favorite little guy in the world and Madyx has definitely swept our hearts away too.  I love them both the same and would do anything for either one of them.  I was also a little worried about Jaxton being jealous or not being careful with her but he is so in love with her!  He always goes to check on her and gives her LOTS of kisses-especially when someone is holding her-and he always wants to hold her and won't leave her alone and with every little squeak she makes he is there in 2 seconds binky in hand.  He is already such a big helper!  It just melts my heart to see him love her so much!

We had our 2 week doctor appointment this week.  I am doing very well and healing great!  My only problem is we found out I have a yeast infection in my nipples (ya, I had no idea that even exists!).  My doctor said I shouldn't be in pain anymore-especially THIS much pain.  So we're going to treat it as that and if that doesn't work within a week we'll try an even stronger cream that has steroids and antibiotic in it.  Madyx on the other hand is very healthy and has no problems except that she isn't gaining weight. Here are her stats
  • Weight: 6 pounds  (3%)
  • Height: 19.25 inches  (13%)
  • Head circumference: 33 cm  (2%)
I hope that's right, that what my paper says but it seems so small, then again she IS pretty tiny and has only gotten smaller :(  So to help her grow Dixie is having me not give Madyx a binky and feed her every 2 hours (not any less because that's when the hunger desire kicks in and don't want her to become a snacker eating every hour or less).  We're hoping once nursing becomes easier and I can relax while I feed her she can start gaining weight.

Some fun facts about Madyx are she:

  • (Still) gets hiccups 3-5 times every day like she did in my belly
  • Sleeps pretty good waking every 3-4 hours in the night to eat
  • Likes to be cuddled in a warm blanket really tight and snuggled
  • Will sleep in her bassinet ok but sleeps better in your arms
  • Sleeps best at nights swaddled in her straight jacket (swaddle blanket but we don't call it that)

No comments: