Thursday, September 27, 2012

What's been goin on...

So my last post was about a month ago, I was 29 weeks pregnant and I was put on bed rest.   Well I am now 34 weeks and counting!  I just have to make it to 37 and we're gold!  My updated stats are:

  • Cervical length is 2 . 06 cm (normal is 3-4cm and under 2cm is when they make you go up north to be close to a NICU)
  • Dilated 3-4 cm
  • I have contractions all the time but they aren't painful
  • Pelvic pain (due to stretching of ligaments and everything), anything having to do with moving or lifting my legs, walking, putting on pants, even lifting my foot to put it in my slippers
  • I have gained almost 30lbs so I don't think I'll gain as much this time (last time I gained 40 total)
  • Back pain in the middle of my back from all the weight I'm carrying in front, like I need to pop it but it won't or can't pop 
Some the differences between this pregnancy and my other one are:

  • I don't have any appetite restrictions this time.  Last time I was a lot more picky and this time I eat anything and everything
  • I feel a lot more pressure down below and in my pelvis and round ligaments (ligaments on lower abdomen)
  • I don't seem to have as bad of heartburn or charlie horses
  • Back pain
Some of the similarities are:
  • Haven't been sick
  • The baby gets hiccups 3-5 times every day
  • This baby seems to be more active during the night and wakes me up EVERY night at 4:00 am by kicking me in the ribs so hard I jump.  Then he/she stays awake practicing swimming lessons and then gets hiccups preventing me from going back to sleep.  Doc says it's because the baby is getting me ready because that's the time it's going to wake up when he/she is born

Tyson also said he's noticed that I have a lot lower self-esteem during pregnancy. But can you blame me?  I am up 30lbs, none of my clothes look good or fit anymore, and to hug or cuddle with him I have to put up with a large basketball sized belly getting in the way.  I remember LOVING being pregnant last time and now I'm just sick of laying all day and not being able to help around the house and make everyone wait on not only me but Jaxton hand and foot!
Haha I love these pictures of Jax playing with my belly lol!  

Surprisingly the past month on bed rest has gone by pretty quick!  I must admit, bed rest is near impossible with a crazy toddler.  At first we talked about taking Jaxton to a sitter but I didn't want to be alone all day everyday so we decided to just have family come help when they can.  I guess timing isn't the best because all my family has work or school this time of year so it's been mainly the two of us.  Jax is a pretty good boy and will go get diapers for me, climb into his high chair, and in and out of the tub by himself so that makes it a little easier...but he's just getting into the terrible two's!  So he is starting to test me and fight me when I ask him to do things and I don't want to just give in and lose all he has learned about being good and obeying so I have to constantly get up and make him do things to let him know I'm still the boss around here (even though we all know that's not true).

However, bed rest has taken on a whole new meaning since my 34 week appointment.  I am actually IN bed or LAYING horizontal.  My doctor said she doesn't want ANY pressure on my cervix so no cooking, cleaning, lifting Jaxton, hiccups, sneezing...haha!  It was pretty funny.  She actually wants someone to watch Jax or with me at all times to do all that for me (not the hiccups and sneezing-the cleaning and all).

I have had lots of concern and help from the church-especially the relief society and visit teachers.  Also my in-laws have been really good to come get him for an afternoon a few times and my cute sisters-in-law have been so good to watch him during my weekly appointments and bring dinner to our house and my family calls almost every day to make sure I have something for dinner.  But when I'm alone is when it gets hard.  Even though Jax is good to play and do things alone, he gets really needy and makes me get up every couple minutes to get a "teet" (treat)  or "es goo" (let's go) or "ouside" (go outside).  So if I make it 3 more weeks with all my hair intact I'll be lucky.

My sister McCall always comes over to check on us and if she doesn't have work get's us going for the day.  She never leaves without changing a diaper and making sure I don't need anything.  JaRelle came and stayed a weekend with me and helped cook and clean while our kids entertained each other and is going to come back for another week next week.  Then Linzee came to stay with me for a week.  She has helped a ton by vacuuming, mopping, and shining, all my floors in my whole house; doing laundry, dishes, and picking up Jaxton's toys; changing diapers; preparing meals for the day and for the freezer that I can quickly heat up with little preparing.  It's been so nice and I'm sad to have her leave :(  I have friends and aunts and cousins who have all offered to take Jax or bring meals so it's nice to know that I'm supported and have loving friends and family.  It let's me know just how blessed I really am.  This is hard and a trial I have to go through but in the end it will all be worth it!


This is a pic of baby #2 from my 32 week ultrasound!  He/she wouldn't cooperate so this is the best picture we got.  Ya I think that's a foot right up there by the head lol!

9 comments:

Adam & Emily said...

Oh my goodness Lana!! That has got to be tough. Hang in there!! I wish I was close so I could come help out. You will be in my prayers!

Stephanie said...

Okay when did Jax turn into a little boy? He is so so cute!! You are a rock star! A few more weeks you can do it!

Adam and Dev said...

Hang in there, you're almost done! If I lived closer, I would come over and help/keep you company! Our kids could entertain each other and we could visit. I loved how you said the baby is practicing "swimming lessons" ha ha.

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

Aww I wish I could help you, that would be so hard. Ava is into everything and is so stubborn, I can't even imagine. I am glad you have had help and support though! Good luck these next few weeks!

Wes and Lindsey Cardall said...

I had such a good time with you and Jax, but it went by way too fast! Wish I could have stayed and helped you to week 37. Only a couple more weeks; you can do it! Don't worry about cleaning the house- no one cares if it's a mess! Seriously, it's not worth the effort. And don't be to shy/independent to ask for help! I know it's hard for you (and us all) but people want to help! Let them do some service! It will make you both feel better!

Unknown said...

Ugh that just sucks. I've been having hard contractions this time and almost went in, but my dr said to just take it easy and not do too much. Even taking it easy is hard to do with a toddler, so I don't know how you do it on bed rest. You're so close to being done and I hope that baby stays in to cook a little longer. Don't focus on how crappy pregnancy feels (bc it sucks!) but think of the cute little baby you're going to have soon. And Jax is so grown up and looks adorable!

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Aww thanks guys! I know we just have a few more weeks! So I just have to hang in and remember the end result. I would love all of you to come hang out ;) thanks for the support!!

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janine said...

I'm guessing your little baby is here by now. I hope so at least so you feel a little relief to your exhausted body. Can't wait to see pictures of your growing family.