Saturday, September 1, 2012

Deja Vu

This is the story of my life...or at least for the next 10 weeks it is.
I can't believe we are back here once again.  30 weeks pregnant and back in bed.  With my 1st pregnancy we noticed at this time I was having lots of contractions that cause me to start dilating and I had to be sent up north to be closer to a NICU in case I had Jax early.  Well I am still home but it's not looking good.  I went in for a doctor appointment Monday (29.5 weeks prego) and as we sat talking about what happened last time and how I was feeling this time my doctor decided against our original decision not to check me  yet (since checking can get things rolling).  She said we should check just for peace of mind.  The results were no bueno.  

I am just starting to dilate (1 cm) and still about 50% effaced so she said we're still ok but to start taking it easy-no more lifting Jax and I can work for a few more weeks.  The problem is I carry my babies low putting extra pressure down below.  She was a little concerned about my cervical length shortening so we scheduled an ultrasound and I went on my way happy that things are going better this time.  The next day I went to my ultrasound and the results again were no bueno.  Normal cervical length is between 3-4 cm, mine was 2.5 cm, and to be sent up north is between 1.5-2 cm.  So I only have 1/2 cm to go before I end up up there in the hospital again :(  

I still thought I was ok since I was above the danger zone...Wrong!  I got a call a few hours later from my doctor.  She said no more working and strict bed rest until we have the baby.  She was asking about my "Plan B" (what I want to do if i end up up north).  I almost started crying on the spot!  But I had put a little thought into it.  My cousin Ashley I stayed with last time offered again-but there's no way I could go and put them out again since I have a crazy toddler and she has two kids now, it would be a houseful.  So I decided I'd go to Farmington and stay with my sister JaRelle.  That way she could help me with Jax and I could love on her new little baby all day.  Plus Jax and Peyton could entertain each other.  So I got the name and number of her doctor (that she LOVES) and gave it to my doctor.  She said she'd call and talk to him about my possibility of coming up there for a month or so.  

So we have Plan B figured out but I'm still hoping I can stay here, it's just nice being in your own home to be lazy and not mooching off someone else or making others do things for you.  You feel more comfortable not getting ready or doing anything when you're in your own home.   I have awesome friends and family who offer to take Jax or bring meals-but I was telling Tyson the way I feel about asking or receiving help from people is the same way guys feel about asking for directions.  I know I need it but I hate getting it.  There's just something I hate about making people do everything for me-especially when I feel great!  I FEEL very capable of taking care of Jaxton and cooking and cleaning etc. but I know I NEED the help.  So it might actually be a good idea to go spend time with JaRelle, I think I just don't want to be away from home for so long, plus Tyson works 6 days a week and on top of that it's hunting season....so I wouldn't be able to see him very often.

Anyway, I have another doctor appointment in 2 weeks and I guess we'll go from there.  I'll keep ya updated!  (hope this wasn't TMI for some of ya-it's hard to explain these things with out going into detail).

8 comments:

Adam & Emily said...

Oh my goodness Lana!! That would be so hard! I wish I lived close so I could help out. You will definitely be in my prayers! Keep us updated with everything!

Melody b said...

Lana I'm sooo sorry. Bed rest is the worst thing, and 10 weeks of it, wish I could come help! I understand exactly what your saying about not wanting help, even though you know you need it... I'm that way too, but just try to think of it as giving someone else the opportunity to serve, and you don't want to take that from them! hope things go ok, and that you can stay at your own home!

Hannah/ Mommarazzi said...

That would be extremely difficult with a toddler, your family will be in my prayers & hope everything turns out okay :)

Hannah
cjnmommarazzi.blogspot.com

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

Aw you poor thing. I hope everything goes alright. So sorry you have to be bed bound. Your little guy is so cute by the way!!!

Wes and Lindsey Cardall said...

Wish I lived close cuz it sounds like we are both bored so we could be bored together! I would take care of you! Like Melody said, people love to serve! Let them do it! It will make both of you feel better.

Unknown said...

Oh Lana..I'm so sorry. But, if being down means a healthy baby, then by all means...;) Let me know if you need anything. Good luck.

ps. DARLING pic of Jax!

AB said...

Lana I am so sorry! We are praying for you and your baby! I wish we lived closer so I could help. I know what you mean though, your don't want to burden anyone but I am sure they don't feel that way. But I always feel bad asking for help!

Lacy said...

Lana, that sucks!! Take it easy girl. But also know you are MORE than welcome to come stay here!! I would LOVE to take care of you and Jax. I know it's not in Utah so it may not even be a consideration, but it would be so fun!!!