Sunday, October 14, 2012

Any Day Now...

Ok so newest update:  I am now 36 weeks pregnant!  YAY!!  Only one more week!!  At my last doc appointment (down in Richfield at 35 weeks) these were my stats:

  • I am still at the same weight (+30lbs)
  • Baby is around 5lbs and healthy as we know
  • My cervical length hasn't changed much-or not enough to note (closer to 2cm)
  • I am dilated about 6cm
  • Fundal height (palpation of uterus) is measuring 2-3 weeks ahead
  • Pelvic pain from bones being pulled apart and stretched
  • Pain on my right side underneath my ribs, like when I slouch or lay on my right side, my ribs are also tender to touch and from being used as a punching bag for the baby
  • I feel like I'm eating less at each meal but eating more frequent since my stomach has no where to stretch
  • Dizziness/seeing stars (I think from the meds)
So since I am dilated so far and my cervix has shortened to 2cm I was sent up north.  I saw it coming and have been begging for weeks to stay home.  But when I found out how far I had progressed and I still had 5 weeks to go I decided I better let the doctors make the decisions, she know best and I trust her.  

So we headed to Farmington.  Jaxton and I are taking on residence at JaRelle and Dave's house...well actually Dave's parents house (JaRelle and Dave live in the basement).  I am taking over their daughter's bed,  couch, and TV for 2 weeks.  I really wish I was sleeping in my own comfy king sized bed (instead of Peyton's full sized bed since Jaxton is a bed hog) and laying around on my own recliner while I'm lazy and not putting on makeup, doing my hair, or even wearing a bra haha!  But it's nice to have JaRelle's help with Jaxton (and my needs) and knowing that if the baby comes early we are in a place where we can get the best help we need for him/her.  Plus Linda (JaRelle's mother-in-law) is a really good cook :)  So we're well fed too!

I have been seeing JaRelle's doctor up here and we're doing good.  He put me on Nifedipine to slow my contractions and is just watching and waiting for baby to come (as we all are).  He said I could go this Sunday (Oct 14th) just a few days early of my 37 week mark so that no on has to take extra time off work to come get me and so I can be home again :)  He's really nice and seems down to earth.

I am really trying to keep these legs crossed until next Wednesday.  That is my 37 week mark, which means a few things: I can deliver down in Richfield close to my friends and family with my own doctor,  the baby will be healthier, and we won't have to pay an extra $475 for health insurance this month.  So if we can save $$$ and have a healthy baby, I'll do whatever I can.

My next post will most likely be about our new addition!  So be expecting that in a few weeks!!

8 comments:

AB said...

I can't believe it will be this week. I think it's a girl! You are so good for waiting and letting it be a surprise. I don't think I could do that!

Riley and Brittney said...

You are so tough! I can't imagine how hard bed rest would be! Good luck with your delivery - I can't wait to see pics of your little cutie! I'm picuring a girl, but I could be way wrong. And thanks for all the sweet comments you leave about Hazyn - they always make my day!

Cory and Shauntae said...

I'm so glad you haven't had that sweet little baby yet. You are such a trooper. Good luck with everything.

Shantel Bishoff said...

Lana! It's crazy how close it is to being that time! You look great, I admire you for all you've had to go through and your great spirits about it all! Here's to hoping for one more week for that little cutie to cook before making his/her debut :)

Wes and Lindsey Cardall said...

I know I have little faith, but I didn't think you would make it this far! Good work! I'm so excited to see your cute little one!!! It's gonna be this week I know it!

Melody b said...

Lana, you are amazing! So sorry you have this happen at the end of your pregnancies. You look amazing! Hope he doesn't try and escape until Wednesday! :)

P.s. You can seriously pull off ANY hair color!

Adam and Dev said...

How exciting for you guys! Anytime now...can't wait to hear about your new addition :)

Sean, Collette, and Ryler said...

Hey you have probably already had your baby so I'm going to say congrats now and I can't wait to find out what you guys are having or already had! I hope everything is well with you and your family!