It's time for an update! This summer has gone by way too fast! I had so many plans and I think we've hit them all or most. We've been to the Zoo, Yellowstone, Yuba, swimming, and lots of play dates with friends. I didn't make it to Lake Powell and I don't think I'm going to because it's been such a busy summer and my doctor says it's getting too close to the end of my pregnancy (or my danger zone) and we are still going to make a couple cabin trips and another trip to the Zoo. But all in all it's been a great summer! I planned on playing a lot since Jax is old enough to enjoy it and before the new baby gets here and I'd say we've done plenty of playing.
Me: Work is going good! I'm working 2-3 days a week right now but I'll be slowing down to 2 days w/in the next month and then maybe 1 day after that, we're just playing it safe this time around so I don't end up in the hospital up north (that's our ultimate goal). I am now 26 weeks and Ty is not letting me lift a lot and is helping a lot around the house on things I shouldn't do like mopping the hard floor (that's hard work!).
I realized I haven't blogged much about this pregnancy and I feel bad about it, I've just been a lot more nervous with this baby than the last. With my 1st pregnancy I was like "Yay I'm pregnant!" and this time it's more like "This could happen, or this could happen, or this could happen." I'm just a lot more aware of the complications that could arise so I'm more cautious with this one. My pregnancy symptoms have been pretty much the same with this pregnancy-I'm not as picky with foods as last time and I think my weight gain is pretty much the same (I'm up 20 lbs already!!!! AHHH!!!). This baby kicks at the opposite time Jaxton did tho, this one kicks and keeps me up all night and Jaxton kicked all day long and was still at night-which I'd rather have that, it's pretty sad when an UNBORN child wakes you up at night! Some of my symptoms are:
- Light-headed
- Dizziness
- Sciatic pain (didn't have this last time and it's really painful!)
- ALWAYS tired and exhausted-just no energy
- Oh and the wart on my elbow ONLY grows when I'm pregnant! I know gross but weird too!
I also had the opportunity this year to go to Girls Camp! It was so much fun and being on the Stake Girls Camp Committee really opened my eyes to how much planning really goes into camp! We started meeting in March for camp that was the last weekend of June! But it was nice because we were very prepared and we didn't have any major problems.
Tyson: Ty is a workaholic. He cares too much about staying late and making sure everyone else is happy that he works more Saturdays than anyone he works with. He is still a busy-body when he's home always working on projects and organizing the garage and yard.
His most recent purchase was a boat! Ya, when I call my husband it's like "hey, I bought a shirt, or some decoration for the house" and he called me and said "I bought a boat".......Say what? After I got over the shock of such a large purchase we have really enjoyed it! It has a cabin under the bough that's nice for Jaxton and we will be able to sleep in it when we go to Lake Powell...the only problem is, we have a child that gets motion sickness...so the 1st time we took it out he threw up all over it. Hopefully this doesn't become habit.
Tyson has been called into the young men and he really likes it. It's fun and the priest lessons to prepare aren't quite as stressful on him as when he taught Elders Quorum. I think he really likes the activities, they have BBQ's, dutch oven competitions, and even goes golfing (sounds like more play than work if you ask me). I like him in the YM because he actually wants to go and wants to be a good example to the boys. This means we were released from our 12-13 year old Sunday school class which I liked because it was just the middle hour of church and was every other week--however there were always between 10-15 kids in there!
Tyson has been called into the young men and he really likes it. It's fun and the priest lessons to prepare aren't quite as stressful on him as when he taught Elders Quorum. I think he really likes the activities, they have BBQ's, dutch oven competitions, and even goes golfing (sounds like more play than work if you ask me). I like him in the YM because he actually wants to go and wants to be a good example to the boys. This means we were released from our 12-13 year old Sunday school class which I liked because it was just the middle hour of church and was every other week--however there were always between 10-15 kids in there!
Jaxton: Jax is growing so fast and learning new things everyday! He has really picked up talking the past few months. He doesn't say a lot but will say 2 word sentences like "I go" "Where's Ty" (he calls Tyson Ty not daddy) and one words like "potty", "cheese" (to the camera), and "tub" (which includes anything with water-tub, pool, lake, river). We have been stocking up on our kid movies and now Jax LOVES TV, that's all he wants to do. He will grab your finger and drag you to the TV and say "I tee" (TV).
He is addicted to his binky and he wants it more now than he EVER has. Some people have a hard time getting rid of bottles or blankets but this kid wants his binky ALL the time. He'll bring you his back pack and say "pack pack" because there's usually one in there and if it's not he'll take you to all our hiding spots til we give in. So we've finally given up. We figure that by the time we get him off it the new baby will be here and he will steal the baby's binky.
We moved him into a bed when he was maybe 14 months old? He can climb out and it's safer to climb out of a bed than crib and he actually sleeps better in a full size bed than toddler so he's in a big boy bed. However he has gotten in the habit of waking up in the night. But the good part (for me) is that he's such a daddy's boy that in the night he doesn't want me, he wants Ty to go lay by him so when we hear him cry at night I just say "Jax is awake" and Ty gets up and I roll over and go back to sleep :) Nice huh? That's the only good part tho, sometimes he makes me feel bad how much he likes Ty over me.
He has 12 teeth and is such a picky eater! No wonders he's started slimming down! He likes foods one day and the next he won't even touch it so it's a hit and miss with him. There are a few things you can usually get him to eat: string cheese, bananas, and cereal. He's weird about textures, he won't even eat jello or pudding! Crazy boy!
He's so funny around babies, he's amused by them and always points to them and says "baby". So I'm excited to see how he reacts to a little baby brother or sister!!



4 comments:
As my personal shopper, you are supposed to get 2 of anything you find that is super-cute like that dress! I will forgive you this time, but don't let it happen again.
Ha ha to Lindsey's comment! I agree, that dress is super cute! Fun updates! I hope we can come down in August for a few days (for birthdays/Sadie's new baby) and maybe see you guys and have a little playdate? And Jax is such a cutie. Kids are so funny sometimes (like with the food thing) :)
Good luck with the binky thing. My little Tyson was so addicted and we did take it away cold turkey when he was 18 months before Eliza was born and he was always stealing hers which was always a huge fight. Then he started sucking his thumb at 2 years old. I wish I would have just let him keep his binky.
Eliza is also really picky with foods. I think it is a kid thing. One day they will eat something and the next they won't touch it. Just keep trying everything.
Very cute dress and congrats on your pregnancy.
You adorable lil pregnant Mommy you!!! Hang in there and good luck! Jax is such a cutie!!! Oh and YAY TYSON! Nice boat!!!! That'll be a lot of fun!!!
Post a Comment