I don't have many pictures but it's time for a little update. Jax has kept me so busy I haven't had much time to take pictures or update on what we've been up to. I feel like Jax has learned a lot in the past month and I just wanted to jot them down before I forget.
- He is almost 18 months and weighs about 25 lbs
- He has learned to color on EVERYTHING with crayons, pens, markers, etc.
- couches, floors, my parents door...oops!
- He LOVES tractors! My dad bought a whole bunch for when Jax comes over and he calls almost everyday and says "I think Jax wants to come over and play tractors with grandpa" and Jax LOVES it! I think my dad loves finally having a boy in the family to play with :)
- He is finally talking! Sentences!
- He doesn't say alot but he'll bring you shoes and say "shoe, shoe" and he also says "I wanna treat" and "I wanna go" those are cute :) They sound more like "I un go"
- He likes to mimic what we do or say, like putting his finger to his lips and saying "shhh" or wiping things with rags
- We are slowly getting rid of his binky. For him "out of sight, out of mind" proves to work. He doesn't need it unless he sees it. Or if he wakes up at nights we give it to him. But he's been going down w/o it and it will hopefully be completely gone soon
- He LOVES pears! He eats them like candy, he also really likes meat like marinated turkey, or small pieces of chicken or steak
- He loves to torment dogs, probably because he knows they won't actually bite him back (or we get after them). But he hits our dog and tries to comb her hair, and anything else they find annoying
- This isn't new but he climbs up on our tall stools and then onto our table or counter! He's such a monkey!
- He has learned to love laying down in the bathtub and does it probably half of his bath
- Which reminds me, he has eczema. Ty has it pretty bad and now Jaxton's skin is patchy and dry
- He LOVES (more than anything) being outside!
- He has learned to climb out of his crib. He's been trying this for a while but after we took his bumper out he kinda gave up but after going in his room and finding him straddling his crib we thought it was time before he fell out and hurt himself. So he now has a big boy bed! (It's his crib that can transform into a toddler bed and then a full size bed later-we love it!) This has been a hard adjustment because he's always been so good to let us put him in his crib awake and fall asleep on his own, but now that he knows he can get out he cries at the door
My friend just made me aware I never announced my pregnancy this time around. We found out we were pregnant almost 2 months ago and decided it would be fun to announce it on April fools day. So we put Jax in a shirt that said "I'm gonna be a BIG BROTHER" and just let our families figure it out. It was fun. And there were like 4-5 different pregnancy announcements on facebook that day so we decided to join that bandwagon knowing no one would believe us. But believe it or not I am due Nov 7th, that's 4 days after Jaxton's birthday, so they'll be exactly 2 years apart :) Perfect!
I have noticed that being pregnant the 2nd time around I'm actually alot more nervous than the 1st. With Jax I was like "I'm pregnant! Yay!" And with this one I'm more like "this could happen, this could happen, or this could happen." Probably because I've had a few cousins lose babies since the last time I was pregnant and I'm more aware of what could happen.
We actually had a scare just recently I'll tell ya a quick version. My doc office called me with my lab results and said my progesterone levels were high. And I, being any worried patient, looked it up. Well high Hcg levels said "cancer of adrenal glands, cancer of ovaries, molar pregnancy, multiple babies, etc." So I started freaking out. Everyone I work with thought I was having twins-but I knew I wasn't because my I feel like my belly is smaller than last time around. Then the office called back and said they want to retake my blood to make sure they got the right reading. Now I was REALLY freaking out if it was bad enough they want to retake it! So I go to my appt last week and my doc was delivering someone, so the nurse took my weight and blood to retake the progesterone test and then we went in a room to find a heartbeat....nope! She couldn't find one. So now you can imagine what's going through my head! She said they'd call me when my doc got back and we'd finish up. So I left bawling and called Ty and told him what happened he left work to go back to my appt. with me in case something bad did happen and then McCall called and we went and got ice cream to calm down. Then they both went back with me and Dixie was able to find the heartbeat! PHEW!! I'm so glad that everything is ok and there's just one baby haha!
I just need to relax and enjoy my pregnancy this time around. I can't complain because I have pretty easy pregnancies (just not deliveries). Last time, and so far this time, I haven't thrown up. I just get nauseous if I don't eat often. And once I do start getting nauseous it comes on quick so I need to hurry and eat before I actually do get hungry. I'm also very tired! I have no energy or determination to do anything like cook, clean, go on walks, or really do anything that requires getting my butt off this couch...ha! Oh and how can I forget-smells! My super sniffer is hard at work! EVERY smell pretty much makes me gag! Like if I have leftovers in the fridge, or changing dirty diapers, or even peoples breath (even if it's not bad breath). Other than that it hasn't been too bad.
I am also on the Stake Girls Camp Committee. It's so fun! It has a lot to do with who is on the committee, fun leaders = fun camp :) The theme is "Once upon a time" and all the wards are different Disney princesses like Cinderella, Belle, Mulan, etc. And we are all the fairy godmothers! I'm really excited for it!
That's all I can think that's changed or new. Hope this wasn't too long!

3 comments:
Fun to hear your updates! Good luck with the pregnancy, I am excited for you! Tyce and Jax need to play soon! I will be down for at least a week or so next month, so we should plan something :)
How exciting! We are due with #2 in Nov too! Ours is Thanksgiving Day though. Can't wait til we both find out the gender! Congrats!
How did you get him to lay down in the bath? Ava loves the bath, but is terrified to lay down. --I am the Camp Director for our ward girl's camp! It's crazy planning so much, but so much fun, we get to go to San Diego!
Post a Comment