Sunday, October 31, 2010

We made it!

So as you all know I have been up north in Provo because our little guy wanted to make an early appearance. Or for those who DIDN'T know, after my last blog I went back to the doc the next day and I was dilated to a 2 and about 70% effaced. So I was strapped to a stretcher and sent up to Provo Hospital in an Ambulance.

Even tho I had a catheter in, I felt like I had to pee really REALLY bad but the nurses couldn't figure out why the catheter wasn't filling up. So I begged them to take it out and they finally did after I mentioned I had a latex allergy...and they realized my catheter WAS latex...so THAT'S why it wasn't filling up and I had to pee really bad. Let's just say latex makes me swell up and you can use your imagination on WHY I couldn't pee.

When we got there I was assigned a big nice room! It was like 3x the size of my room in Richfield and I had my own jetted tub! It also had a nice couch and a rocking chair! I was then strapped back to machines as they watched my contractions. They had given me more Tributiline (Brethine) injections that I had received before to stop the contractions but I kept having them. I was also still on Nifedipine (smooth muscle relaxant) and had received my other shot of steroids--which you get in the hip and hurt like CaRaZaY!!!

I had to stay there 2 days and was finally released Friday but only to stay in the area in case of an emergency I wouldn't need to be ambulanced or life-flighted back up there. Fortunately my cousin Ashley came to visit me in the hospital and offered us to stay at her house. It was really fun staying with them, they were really welcoming and understanding about the whole situation and pretty much gave up their son's room, couch, and TV for a month for us. It was fun because Ashley is actually due about 3 weeks after me so we had some good baby talks and girl time when the guys were all gone hunting or working :)

I just had to make it to 36 weeks...which I DID!! But at my 36 week appt the doc tried to pull a quick on one me and make me stay another week! I wanted to go home so bad I started crying on the spot! In her office! Then I had another appt called an NST (Non-Stress Test which I do weekly to monitor my contractions) and I cried all thru that too. The nurse was trying to make me feel better but I just couldn't get myself to stop (dang hormones!). So we went back to my cousins house and UNpacked everything as I layed there on the bed crying. So Tyson felt bad and called Dixie to see if we could even go home for the weekend or anything and she said we could go BUT knowing that if anything happened before 37 weeks I would be sent back up to Provo Hospital by ambulance or life-flight.

So I'm glad to be home-even if it means staying off my feet even MORE than I was before so I don't get sent back up there. And I made it to 37 weeks!! We had an ultrasound last week to see how big he is and got some REALLY cute 3D pics of him! It is always fun to get ultrasounds! He was so active and already has such a personality! When we were trying to get a pic of his face he opened his mouth really wide and then closed it like a yawn and then he stuck his tongue out and after he put it back in he was doing sucking movements!! He's so cute and such a chubster weighing in at 6.10. One month ago he was 4.9 so he has grown a ton in one month-and to add another he'd prob be in the high 8 lbs!

However, I don't think we'll make it to the full 40 weeks after going to my doc appt today. I am now dilated to 5cm, 90% effaced, and his head can be felt at a 0 station (meaning his head is right at my cervix). So he's ready to get here and now we're just counting down the days!!!

Here's some cute pics of our ultrasound:

37 weeks!



7 comments:

mason said...

He is so cute!! Bless your heart! AGGHHHH!! You have been through it! But I promise it is all worth it. Being a mom is the BEST job EVER!!!!!

J♥M said...

I really can't believe that you made it this far!!!! Good luck guys! I'm sure it'll all be over and he'll be here soon! He's cute! You know that already! Best wishes for a healthy baby!

Unknown said...

SO glad that you made it this far!!! I was hoping he wouldn't come too early so you didn't have anymore stress with baby being all the way developed and all! He looks adorable and so do you! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and we can't wait to meet little Jaxton!;) xo

Adam and Dev said...

Lana, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! I'm happy to hear you made it through! He is such a cutie in those 3D pics! I wish Tyce would have participated for those, but his hands/arms were always covering his face so we couldn't see him haha. Good luck this last little bit :)

Camille said...

Oh my gosh Lana! You look so cute pregnant! I think that as I write this you are in the Hospital having him!!! I'm so glad he's finally coming to meet Mom & Dad and ALL of his anxious family members!!! We love you and pray that all continues to go well!!!

Sean, Collette, and Ryler said...

Oh my sounds like you have had it rough but the best is coming and I live right here in Orem if you need anything just let me know please I will be more than happy to help you.
If you guys don't want hospital food or anything. I think you have my number or I at least think I have yours. Good luck and he is so cute and he is going to be here so soon I can't wait for your guys!!!!!Please let me help with anything really:)

Clark and Kristen Daniels said...

Hang in there your little guy will be here sooooooooo soon! PS if you still need me to hold a leg, just holla!