This is going to be a long boring story without pictures I just want it to look back on so you can pass if you want.
I am now 32 weeks along and still feeling great! I have been having braxton hicks contractions for the past month or two? However I've been getting them more and more often, to the point where I wanted to monitor them. It's hard to with work and being busy but I finally did during church Sunday. I counted 13 in 3 hrs. So I went in for my routine 2 week appointment and mentioned it. While I was there with her for 15 minutes I had three. So she had me drive over to the hospital so they could monitor them and take further action if necessary. So I drove myself there thinking I'd be there for a few hours and drive back home.
Wrong! I was actually having regular contractions (not braxton hicks) every 1-2 minutes. So they put me on an IV and gave me Brethene injections to stop the contractions. They then gave me a Nifedipine pill every 15 minutes for one hour. Those apparently weren't working so my doctor Dixie came in and checked me. She said I was 60% effaced and my cervix was moderate thickness. She said she could feel the baby at a -3 (distance from cervix). When Dixie checked me I was bleeding more than I should have-preventing her from finishing getting samples for testing. And she wanted a good urine sample w/o blood so they had to use a catheter...ok THAT was the most painful thing we did all day! The nurse was pulling, pushing, and poking and just couldn't get it in so she had to get another nurse to finish it.
So next we went in for an ultrasound. Everything looked really good on the ultrasound and that he's weighing in at 4 lbs 9 oz!! So a really good size! He is actually weighing and measuring in at a 33-34 week baby. So if he was born now he would be ok, just needing to be in the NICU for a few weeks. If anything happens before 34 weeks we'll be sent up north to have him.
Dixie said that since the cervix softened, if it shows up less than 2.5 cm on the ultrasound we'd be sent up north for monitoring and possibly having him. Luckily the internal ultrasound proved it was just about 3cm so we were ok. We went back to the room and I got a steroid shot in my hip (that KILLED!) to help his lungs form in case we have him in the next month or so. She did one more exam that night-and learned I am now 70% effaced and the baby's head can now be felt at a -2. So more meds, shots, and tests!
I stayed there all day and over night--of course not getting ANY sleep! I had to use the bathroom every hour due to the IV and they checked my blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and contractions every hour. Luckily they were able to give me a small small dosage of Ambien (obviously not enough) I slept for 2 hrs and woke up way loopy and needing to pee so bad I thought my water was breaking! ha!
Ater all the poking, testing, and medications, I was able to go home at noon the next day! But to STRICT bed rest--only getting up to use the bathroom. Ty has been so good to take care of me, making me lay back down every time I get up for something and not letting me help with ANYTHING. He has cleaned the whole house and is preparing meals! I'm so lucky for such a wonderful husband, loving family, and awesome doctor! I know Jax is gonna be ok!
So I'll keep my legs crossed and you keep your fingers crossed that he stays in for at least a month! That's our goal!
9 comments:
Oh my gosh Lana! I am so sorry, that's stressful no matter what! You are strong and I know everything will be okay. What a sweet husband you have to be taking such good care of you! Keeping you and baby boy in my prayers!! Miss you!
Ps I need your address, I want to send you something.
Loves!
Tell Jax to stay put!!! I'm glad that everything is okay, and that he is developing so well. Looks like your little guy is going to be a prankster ;) We'll keep you guys is our prayers.
Lana! Oh my goodness, I am glad you guys are okay. I will keep my fingers crossed and pray for you guys!
Oh hold on Lana and baby Jax!!! I was on bed rest the last month or so and it got a little boring!! Jax came 2 weeks early, but healthy! I hope your Jax stays put for a while and everything goes well with the rest of your pregnancy! Good luck and you are in our thoughts and prayers!
Hang in there Lana! I'm sorry to hear you've been having some complications, but everything will work out! It will be worth it (all the boring bedrest) when you get to see your sweet baby boy :) Love ya!
I hope you are doing okay! So sorry about the bed rest. If you need a little entertainment, I can bring Breag over! Lol! Stay in that bed an good luck with everything!
Thanks everyone! We are now in the Provo Hospital safe and sound. I am being discharged today but have to live in the are in case anything happens I'll be close and won't have to be life-flighted or ambulanced up here again. Nothing has changed the past few days so we should be ok! And hopefully we can keep him in there for at least a month!
Oh and Steph I'll be staying In Springville so you can just send something to my parents place. It's PO Box 111 (or 495 W 100 N) Aurora UT, 84620.
Thanks Steph :)
Lana, I am glad that you are doing ok and that you are being well cared for. We will keep you and your little family in our prayers! xoxo Meghan
Post a Comment