Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Independence Day and more

We went to Lake Powell with my family a few weeks ago. It was really fun to be out on the lake and get some sun (since the water and wind were both freezing). We didn't do a lot of wakeboarding and getting in the water since the water temperature was in the mid 60's. But we did a lot more sight-seeing than we ever had and that was fun.

We went to Rainbow Bridge.
And hiked to see some old ruins and Petrogliffs
Went thru lots of canyons we've never been thru

And there was romance in the air! JD proposed to McCall out there! She was so surprised!
We went back a few weeks later to take McCall's bridals. Her photographer and her had worked it out to take them down there. Her photographer was excited to use some pictures for advertising and McCall was excited to get them there since that's where JD and McCall got engaged. The photographer knows JD's dad and so was giving them a discount for $175 and the day before they were to leave she marked it up to $500 so we decided to do them ourselves and I think they turned out pretty good! Here's a few of my favorites:
And of course I went to Eclipse! I went once with Ty, McCall, and JD and then the next day with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. It was good! Probably the best movie yet!


We had a good 4th! Ty had Saturday thru Monday off--which he NEVER gets that many off in row, so we did a lot of things!

We went 4-wheeling...


And to the Aurora park for a BBQ and fireworks...

And to the Salina Parade...

And to Karen and Thurels for dinner before the Rodeo...
But...on a more serious note we lost Cookie :( She ran away on the 3rd from the fireworks and we haven't found her yet. (there's a reward out if you find her) There were a lot of dogs that ran away and we found one...a GREAT DANE! (the dog Ty's been wanting for a while)
What's the 1st thing you do when you find a great dane?
You give it a bath!!

Well, that's what Ty thought at least. He gave it a bath and a couch to sleep on...the ENTIRE couch!

Daisy was a little scared of him...but look how big this UN-FULL-GROWN dog's paw is compared to Daisy's!!

And after we had our fun with him, we took him to his owners :)

Ya he didn't fit to well in our car too well...

Good Bye Beau, we'll always remember the fun we had with you!
Now hopefully someone else will do the right thing and bring Cookie back to us!

6 comments:

Carly said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I will keep my eye out for Cookie, I hope you find her. I also seen that huge great dane, who was the owners? You look so cute being prego, its and amazing experiance.

JaRelle Bailey said...

Looks like fun. I hate missing 4th of July at home. It's so much fun there. I can't believe how big that dog is! Holy cow!!!

The Nelsons said...

Looks like fun! You're so cute. :) I've never been to Lake Powell. Maybe I"ll have to try it out sometime.

Wes and Lindsey Cardall said...

First things first, I like how you're butt is sticking out in the picture where you're kissing that guy from Twilight cuz your belly's in the way!

And I hope you guys pushed the couch and loveseat together to give that dinosaur dog enough room to try to sleep scrunched on 2 couches! Daisy looks pretty scared too! haha

Jason and Kayli said...

Oh no! I hope you find cookie!! That's terrible! I hope she's ok! You look so dang cute pregnant!! I felt so bad we didn't get to see you guys the weekend of the fourth. We just kept missing each other! We'll be coming down soon so we'll give you a call!!

Melody b said...

lana your little belly looks SO dang cute on you! So excited for you! It looks like you had fun, 4th of july is always way more fun when your with family!