Monday, October 17, 2011

KENTUCKY OR BUST!!

Jaxton and I had the opportunity to go out to Kentucky to visit Linzee and it was AMAZING!! We absolutely loved it and didn't want to come home...except we missed Tyson :( Jax did pretty good on the plane rides. I had a hard time keeping him still on my lap (because come on, what baby wants to sit in one position for hours?) but he didn't cry and everyone around me adored him :)

Kentucky is beautiful! It's very green and the trees are like 3x bigger than here. The only problem is there are no mountains. The people are very generous and everyone comes up to talk and help take pics for ya. Since Tyson couldn't go this trip I planned it a time when Wes wasn't going to be there so we had a girls night with all Linzee's friends, watched chick flicks, made foods our husbands hate....it was pretty awesome!

We went to the Churchill Downs museum where they do horse races! We got to tour the museum and see the actual race track and an old racing horse (3 yrs old-they can't race after that age). We also went to the Louisville Slugger museum and learned how they make baseball bats. That was cool except they took our bats at the airport :( I didn't check any bags so I thought I'd see if they'd let me thru but they were very strict about them being a "club" (even tho my curling iron is heavier and stronger) So make sure you put them in your checked bags.

Other than that we went on walks and enjoyed spending time together! Jax was really excited to see his aunt Ninny and get to know her better. I thought he would warm up to her faster (since she looks like me and all) but she was just like any other person to him-so that was interesting!

Picnic! Across the Ohio river is Georgia!

Louisville Slugger Museum



Churchill Downs Museum
We miss you Linzee!
We'll be back in the spring with Tyson to visit you and Wes and do it all again!!

3 comments:

The Nelsons said...

It was so fun to see you while you were here! :) Jaxton is so darling!

Camille said...

Cute pictures of you Sistas!!! You look so different with your hair darker than hers! Good times! :)

Adam and Dev said...

Fun pictures! It's funny to see the two of you together with light and dark hair! See you soon :)