Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I am a mother of a 6 month old!

I can't believe I already have a 6 month old baby! He is so fun and has helped me grow and learn so much about myself and life. Being a mother is truly the best gift God could ever give us women and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to have children. It makes me sad to think of those who can't bare children when others (like me) get them without even trying. But I know everything happens for a reason and I couldn't even imagine my life without Jaxton in it right now. He is so fun and makes life more interesting and fun. I have such a wonderful family and love my boys sooo much!!

My 6 month old little man is doing so much! He can:
  • Roll over (all across the room)
  • Sit up all by himself
  • Babble ALOT "dadada"(of course dada is his favorite word) "bababa" "mamama" "lalalala"
  • Scared of loud noises, monster voices, and the blow dryer...oh and brunettes haha!
  • Laughs when he sees you laughing
  • Smiles back at you
  • Likes bananas!! But hates rice and any other baby food
  • Knows his names!
  • Knows what his bottle and binkie are
  • Can put his binkie his mouth the right way, even if you give it to him backwards
  • LOVES to be naked
  • Loves baths and swimming and splashing water
  • Has a favorite book "Hot Rod Hampster" (I think cuz it's so bright and the words all rhyme so have a good rythmn)
Some things I don't love:
  • Starting to have a more regular poop schedule :( daily instead of weekly :(
  • Is a picky eater, like with different bottles and nipples
  • Does this KISS scream where he straightens his arms and sticks his tongue out while he screams
  • Cries when he sees strangers or when someone's holding him and he sees me

He does these funny things with his binkie where he puts his lip below the binkie and sucks on it (done this since day 1 in hospital). He also puts it to the side of his mouth and chews on it. It has become a toy to him.


I also discovered a birth mark on his left knee cap and found his first freckle on the hairline on his forehead :) I love you little guy and can't wait to watch and help you go thru all the other stages in your life!

5 comments:

Adam and Dev said...

He is getting so big! The way he sucks on his binky is so funny! :)

Camille said...

Oh he is getting SO big!!!! So cute! Motherhood REALLY is our greatest blessing!!!!

AB said...

He is so cute Lana!

The Nelsons said...

So cute Lana! Wish I could hold him! :)

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

I can't wait until Ava babbles Mama or Dada! Awww. Hey is he on formula now? If so, tell me how to do it! I have just started putting a little in her cereal but want to mix it in her breastmilk bottles soon. But she hardly has bottles, only when I'm not around...have to change that soon too.