Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pleasant Surprise!

This is going to be a long story, but I want it to look back to. So first things first, if you don't already know...there's a bun in the oven! It WASN'T planned and so we were really shocked and unprepared! But as it's sunken in we've gained excitement and encouragement! I had a harder time with it than Ty did. I was on the pill but kept missing it and so I was switching over to the Nuva Ring--and no one told me to be careful when switching birth controls...and next thing ya know, we're pregnant!
I was just a week late but thought my body was just getting used to the ring, but after a week I took a test just to make myself sleep better at night...and it was positive! I was like "No, that's not right, go get some more!" So I sent Ty off and I tried to get some studying done as this came a week before my boards! But had no luck studying. Ty came back a few hours later, he had run a few errands and came back calm and excited as a took another test. I just started crying because this changed ALL our plans for the next year. (Plans: get a good Dental Hygiene job, pay off some of my student loans, buy a car...etc.) I didn't know who would hire a pregnant lady and how were we EVER going to pay back my loans with our money going to other sources??!!! But Ty just reassured me that "we have been doing everything right, and if we're pregnant we're meant to be." I don't know what he did on his little errand run but aww the comfort of the one you love comforting you! He has had such a good attitude about it and couldn't keep it a secret since he's been so excited!
So we ended up telling everyone when we were only 7 weeks along. We sent out my graduation announcements with the return address as:
Tyson, Lana, and BABY Hansen!!
We sent out our announcements Friday at 5:45 thinking they'd get picked up Saturday and delivered Monday...nope! I had relatives calling Saturday to congratulate us and I told them not to call my parents (who were on their way home from Idaho from JaRelle's graduation). It was funny to see who picked up on it and who didn't. His mom and sister didn't until his dad came in and just looked at us and said "there's three names on this card." We just started laughing until they all figured it out. My parents weren't gonna look at the back until I said "it's a post card" then she flipped it over for a second and did a double-take! It was so funny and I'm glad no one ruined the good news and we surprised them!
It really is good timing and I'm glad it came at us a s a shock because we had planned on me getting a job and paying back some of my monstrous school loans, buying a new car, and a few other things before we started a family. So now that it's here and really happening I'm glad because we really don't know when we would have gotten pregnant if we would have planned it. Ty is so excited and already tells everyone we're having a boy! Ha he'll make such a good dad :)
The next thing on the list is the puppies! We sold them all. It's bitter sweet because we made money off of them, but they were so cute and fun and hard to get rid of. But we know they all went to good homes! And to be honest, we were glad to give them away (and even gave them away a week earlier than planned). At 6 weeks old Ty took them to get their shots and the vet said that Daisy should be all dried up after noticing her sagging milk sacs! So they said separate them at all times! And so we did. But....it was crazy! EVERY time they saw her they'd run over and start eating! We'd have to pry them off her and make her stay on the couch while they tried their hardest to get up there. Oh, and we had many many sleepless nights! They whined all night long for their mom...so we were more than happy to give them away 3 days before my boards so I could get some rest! I think Daisy was getting annoyed and sick of them biting her closer to the end. She would run away from them after letting them eat for like 10 seconds and they would chase her. It was funny!
We don't know if we'll do it again. It was fun and a really good experience I think. But everything is an expense with them. We bought a 20 lb bag of food for $40 before she got prego and it's almost gone after just 6 months! We're needing to clean our carpets, and after the stud fee, vet bills, and bargaining with buyers, we've lost a couple hundred...so it was fun, but prob won't happen again for quite a while!
Daisy's doing great! She's back to her normal self all perky and excited about everything and everyone.
Look how Ty spoils her! We wouldn't let her get off this rug so she sat there with the bone in her mouth and wouldn't move, it was so funny!
If she's mad she must be taking it out on her monkey, he has no face left :(

In our class we've had about 9 engagements/marriages, 4 pregnancies, and 1 person leave for cancer :( So we've been thru alot together and we're really supportive of each other so we feel like family!
This is at a bridal shower for Rachel!

We had our final bon-fire this week. We burned scrubs and notes in celebration! It was really fun! It's so fun hanging out with everyone outside of school and really getting to know them. I feel like I'm just BARELY getting to know everyone now that school's coming to an end and our noses aren't buried in our books. It's sad to think that I won't see at least half of these people ever again in my life and even if they don't know it, they've impacted my life. I've really enjoyed these past two years and have met some of the best friends I've ever had!
This is about half of us! You can tell how close we've come just by our pics!

I love these girls...and guys :)

10 comments:

Riley and Brittney said...

Congrats on being pregnant and graduating - that's awesome!! It seems like yesterday we were bugging Devin in the Business Block. And now we are graduated from college - time flies!!

JaRelle Bailey said...

YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED! I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT ON THE MASON SIDE! PEYTON IS SOOOO HAPPY!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Josh and Maddi Andersen said...

Congrats we are so happy for you!! Good luck in the pregnancy! I am almost done with mine and so if you need any advice let me know!! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Lana!!! That is awesome!!! I am so excited for you! And your graduation too! It's been a good month!!! ha ha Hope your feeling ok! Talk to you soon!

Heaton Family said...

Congrats Lana and Ty!! I know what its like to be shocked.. haha it can be scary, but it is also so fun! You will make such cute parents!

Nancy said...

What a fun exciting post! You have been so busy the last couple months. You're almost done and get to have a much needed and deserved break. :)

You're so cute. I tried to steal the picture of me, you, and Linzee at the Bonfire but it wouldn't let me. So... can I have a copy??

I can't believe we're graduating on MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh!!!!! I can believe though that you are pregnant. I always knew that SOMEHOW you'd be pregnant before we finished school. Haha! :)

See you Monday!!!! :D :D :D

Brooke said...

Congrats Lana!! Surprises are actually so fun! After the scary part that is. I know, I've had TWO myself. :D First and third!! Anyway, can't wait to hear what you are having. Congrats again!!

brandon and jakell said...

Congrats..so happy for you guys!!!

Brittany Barnes said...

CONGRATULATIONS MISS LADY!!!!

Chelsea said...

YEAH! I'm SO excited for you! You are going to have such a cute little prego belly! Post tons of pics! Congrats!