Friday, March 12, 2010

Busy School Stuff

Well I can finally say I graduate NEXT MONTH!! YAY!! It's so crazy to think that I'll be done with all the school I'll EVER have to do in my life! I've been going to school for almost the past 20 years of my life and it's finally coming to an end!
.
We've had our mock anesthesia, mock clinical, and mock written boards the past few weeks. They were all pretty chaotic-espicically since I had to change both anesthesia and mock board patients the day or week before. Ty was going to be my mock anesthesia pt but told me the DAY BEFORE he forgot and coulnd't come because of work so I did it on a classmate who I've never given injections on before the test! And my mock board pt fled the country the week before my mock board exam! So I was scrambled to find another pt that qualified within that week. But luckily my friend Chelsea had an extra! Thanks Chels :) It's nice to have those over so I can focus on the real ones. I passed my mock written with a 96% (it's not that accurate-promise) and I passed my mock anesthesia so I can now give injections without someone hovering over my shoulders :) And I'm pretty sure I passed my mock clinical-even tho I may have diagnosed her wrong...but I guess we'll see :)

But anyway, off the serious stuff. Look who's teeth I cleaned this week!!
Megan that I worked with at Buckle!
and good 'ol Chad! It was an experience since he was my first ortho patient and there's NEVER a dull moment with Chad!

For school we put together a big project where we interviewed around 100 pregnant (and new mothers w/in last 6 mo) about their knowledge of Pregnancy and Periodontal Disease. It was really interesting and we found some shocking results. We worked on this project for a few months and then we presented it at the UDA (Utah Dental Association) Convention.
We are presenting to JaLee Hallows (can't remember her married name). She is actually going to DH school in St. George but we wanted a pic presenting it to someone.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ya school is almost done!!! I am coming out at the end of the month for a few weeks. Brighton and I would love to come see you. I will call you k. :)