Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ground Hog

We spent the weekend at a cabin in Groudhog Colorado for a family reunion. It was really fun to spend time with family we only get to see that one time a year or just a few more times. We stayed in a big cabin and went fishing, hiking, and other outdoor stuff :)
Ty and Daisy sharing a sucker :)

This is Groundhog Lake! We fished and went boating here...but of course we caught more crawdads than fish. Which is ok because we have a big crawdad boil every year!
Ty caught the 1st fish! It was pretty big! That's my boy!

And Daisy was more into the crawdads. She was so interested in them that I swear she should of gotten pinched! But she didn't, so that's good because now she's not scared of em :)

They're fun to play with, Ty's holding one of the biggest and I'm holding one of the smallest :) And Daisy's trying to get either one she can! I was holding her back...
There were sooo many deer! It was crazy! Here are 5 bucks!! Yup they're all bucks! Some of them were pretty big which is crazy because they still have a few months to grow before huntin season!
This guy is HUGE!! I'm jealous of whoever gets him! And I LOVE all their velvet!!!!!
The one in the front is a decent buck, but the one behind him puts him to shame! Look at that spread!!
Ty and I hiked up to a waterfall above our house! It was really fun! It wasnt too bad of a hike and the waterfall is so pretty!




Other updates would include my sister's wedding coming up in less than 2 weeks! Which also means my summer semester is almost over HOORAY!! And also means that our 1 year anniversary is coming up!! CrAzY huh?! Buck has doubled his size since we first got him!! Oh, and we are also thinkin of breeding Great Danes! What do you think? One Great Dane can have like 10-15 puppies and you can sell them anywhere frm $600-$1000+!!! So we could make like $8000 off one bach of pups!!!! We would be rich!! But that would mean we'd have to buy them first...and in our little home, with a pomeranian already there might not be much room, but we're going to someday!

11 comments:

Doyle, Chelsea, Little Miss & Baby on the Way said...

ok so a few things. I WANT A GREAT DANE! so I am all about you breeding them :) secondly, we totally hiked to that same waterfall this weekend and I thought of you guys because we were in Payson! And lastly, Doyle is jealous that Tyson caught such a big fish!!

Jonno said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I'm going to hurry out to Colorado and gather all those deer and take em to a safe place... far, far away! Those crawdads are scary. Daisy is cute as ever. And... we watched Seven Pounds last night and I kept saying how I want a great dane too! Except they said in that movie they only like from 7 to 10 years or something. So that would be sad.

JaRelle Bailey said...

Your trip looks like so much fun! You guys got to do a lot of cool things. Wish we could have been there! But... on another note. I will be done with finals this week and coming home for about a week!!! yay! I can't wait to see you guys!

J♥M said...

Come for a visit! My next door neighbors have 2 Great Danes and they're ginormous! They no longer have a lawn in the back. They had 15 pups this last winter and sold them all.
So glad you had a great time at Groundhog! Wish we could have made it! My kids really miss the crawdad feast! So glad Daisy didn't get pinched! Way to go Ty on the fish! How fun to see all those bucks!

Chelsea said...

Robie would probably buy one from you. His dream has always been to have a GIANT dog and a little one together. Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

I'm glad everyone likes the great dane idea! And Nancy, you would! But I'd find em! Chelsea that's crazy you hiked that waterfall last weekend too! Was it just you and Doyle? We should all go together! It's way fun and pretty!

Beagleys said...

Wow... that sounds pretty good to me! Money is sweet!!! Those crawdad things scare the crap out of me! I can't believe you held one!!! ah!

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Held them, I ATE them! They were good...but they do kinda scare me too lol!

Alex (and Trevor!) said...

Lana! I don't work Wednesday and I REALLY need my teeth done! :) Are you still doing it or do you need me to talk to one of your friends at the clinic? Anyway, let me know asap. In fact, you can call me if you want at 919-621-2318.

Thanks so much!!!
Alex

Stephanie said...

Hey looks like you had a fun vacation! I hope I can see you at my baby shower. When is your sisters wedding date?

Stephanie said...

Hey Lana we are now back in Utah but we don't live in Payson anymore. We live in Lindon. I am having another shower in Payson Sept 12 Let me know if you can be there and I will let you know where and when. Are you still at Buckle? We should do a big group date and go to dinner or something. Let me know.