Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Baby is 1!

It seems like just yesterday I just found out I was pregnant. I was going to Dental Hygiene school and having a baby was the LAST thing on my mind. Then the Lord surprised us and sent you to us. I held you in my womb for 8 months; I was nauseous, exhausted, and bed-ridden to keep you healthy. I was speechless the first time I held you in my arms. You were beautiful, perfect, mine! You were a good baby learning to sleep all through the night at just 2 months and nursing for 6. You have always been a daddy's boy and love imitating what others do around you. You can make anyone laugh and make my heart melt with just one glance. Now you are turning one. You are crawling and into everything. Right as you learned to crawl you learned to climb and climb you did! You take a few steps but don't trust yourself enough to walk. Your favorite toys are kitchen utensils, cell phones, and the remote control. You do cute things like put the phone to your ear or point the remote to the TV and also lay your head on us and give loves or wide open wet kisses! And also those not so cute things like grind your teeny tiny teeth (makes me cringe thinking about it) and giving us a hard time each time we change your diaper. You have the best personality we could ask for and have enjoyed every second of being your parents. We love you with every bit of our hearts and can't wait to spend the rest of our lives and eternity with you!
We Love YOU! Mom and Dad!

This was one of the 1st days we brought you home. You were always trying to focus on everything and it looked like you were scowling! It was adorable!
You became our chunky monkey weighing 22lbs at 8 months!!!
Then slimming down after you learned to crawl

We threw you a big 1st birthday party with lots of family and food!
I couldn't resist MAKING you a perfect cake and aunt JaRelle helped frost it
(and when I say "help" I mean she did it!)
You opened presents and it looked like Christmas! You are so loved!
You didn't love the idea of digging into your own cake...
But decided it was actually pretty fun and yummy...and so did Peyton!
Happy 1st birthday baby! We love you!!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

He is so cute! It's crazy how fast they grow! Happy Birthday Jaxton!

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

How fun! He is SUCH a handsome boy. What a great birthday, that is awesome that you made his cake. I'm still trying to decide if I should make a lousy cake, or have my Mom's baker friend do it! You look amazing with brown hair Lana!

Shantel Bishoff said...

I can't believe he's already a year old! Where does the time go?! I love his pictures, he's by far one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen!

Camille said...

What a fun 1st Birthday!!! Cute pics Lana-Lou! You are such a good and cute Mom!

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Thanks everyone! It was so fun :) He is my favorite so he's easy to spoil :) I still can't believe he's graduating baby and entering toddler :(

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Can you even believe how fast the time has gone?! It seems like just yesterday that we had them! Happy Birthday Jax. We love you, and can't wait to play soon!
xo

Wes and Lindsey Cardall said...

Sad I missed such a fun birthday party! Happy Birthday Jax!

Tyler and Callie said...

Lana I can't believe your baby is one!!! He is adorable:) I hope everything is going good for you and your cute family!